A kitchen with high ceilings like this needs a crown molding that doesn’t look wimpy.
The reaction you want when people look up is, “Wow, look at the crown molding!” not “Hmm, crown molding.”
I think we achieved the wow-factor we were looking for in this large kitchen.
About the Room
- The period style is Victorian.
- Ceilings are 9′ high
- The crown is made from stacking four separate pieces of molding.
- The baseboard is made from stacking three pieces together.
- Molding paint color is Benjamin Moore’s, White Dove, #OC-17.
- Wall paint is Benjamin Moore’s, Muslin.
Learn more about installing crown and other moldings at our How to Install Moldings series.
And just out of view but in this same kitchen is really nice corbel entablature that hangs over a small archway. There are step by step instructions how to build it here: How to Make a Corbel Entablature for c. $19.91 Part 1.
I’ll eventually post this entire installation sequence, so if you’re interested in how I installed these moldings consider subscribing to our RSS feed or via email updates sent to your inbox.