This classic door and window casing is perfect for traditional style homes.
It looks great as a simple, three-piece architrave molding around a doorway. But you can also add plinth blocks, scriber, backband and an entablature to create a door surround that will rival the finest homes in history!
Look at how defined and crisp the details are on this molding profile — that’s what you’re looking for.
This molding profile is made by just about every company in the molding business, and you should know that they are not all created equal!
So choose wisely. Look for good resolution like this one, no matter if it’s made from mdf, poplar or any other material.
Price & Specs
- Unit Price: $12.68/8′ stick, $18.84/12′ stick
- Price Per Foot: $1.57
- Vendor: Lowes Home Improvement
- Material: MDF Pre-Primed
- Dimensions: 3-1/2″ Wide x 1″ Thick
Patterns That Use This Molding
4. Before & After Door Trim See this casing as part of a larger door surround.
5. Before & After: Lots of Moldings in a Small Room This casing in its simplest form.
6. How High Should the Entablature Door Frieze Be? This casing is used in several door surrounds on this page. Can you find them all?
[This is part of our DIY Molding & Millwork Inventory series.]