Consumable Materials

Arc Shield

Extend Wall Plug on Wainscoting Arc shields are made for extending electrical outlets beyond their original position from the wall. I’ve used them on both light switches and wall outlets after installing wainscoting, baseboards and other moldings.

Our Molding Makeover Updates, Quick Tips

Quick Tip: Blending Molding Scarf & Butt Joints Perfectly

Using a Primer Shadow as Your Blending Gauge [This is part of our How to Install Moldings series.] When two pieces of molding don’t quite lay flush with each other, you’ll have to do some blending. This post shows you…

Our Molding Makeover Updates

Half Bathroom Renovation: Installing the Baseboard Cap Molding

Installing the Base Cap is not hard, but it is a finicky task.  So make sure you allot yourself enough time so you don’t get frustrated with the pace of installing it. This is especially important when working in a…

Crown Molding Profiles, Molding & Millwork Inventory


Cove Crown Molding This is a wonderful MDF crown that functions as part of a Traditional, Craftsman, and especially, a Victorian crown molding buildup. I’ve been buying it for as many years as I’ve been installing moldings, and hopefully you…

Crown Molding Profiles, Molding & Millwork Inventory


Cove Crown Molding, Small Cove moldings like this can be found at just about any place that sells moldings. You’ll get the best price on one like this at a lumber yard or specialty molding retailer.

Crown Molding Profiles, Molding & Millwork Inventory


Dentil Crown Molding, Small There are many dentil crown moldings on the market, but this is one of the best. It’s made by Focal Point, and is available through a wide variety of retailers. This is one of the few…

Crown Molding Profiles, Molding & Millwork Inventory


Ogee Crown Molding, Small Sold mostly as a small crown molding for kitchen cabinets, this Classical molding profile can be used in so many other ways — even upside down as a baseboard cap!

Flat-Stock Moldings, Molding & Millwork Inventory


Flat-Stock Molding This simple piece of flat-stock molding is often sold under the name “lattis molding.”  At least that’s what they call it at Lowes Home Improvement.