[This is part of Our Kitchen Molding Makeover series.]
I really like using this pre-primed MDF flat-stock from Lowes, and have used it in many of my architectural details.
I’m going to rip this molding in half and then I’ll use the exposed edge as the cornice front. I want the exposed edge of the crown molding cornice to have a crisper edge than what the stock profile comes with, so ripping the flat-stock in half is my first step.
Note: I will have to prime this edge, of course.
Next step: Install the lower crown molding detail and then the cornice.
CROWN MOLDING-103 Installation Series
1. How to Install CROWN MOLDING-103 for About $3.00/ft
2. Crown Molding Limiting Factors
3. Kitchen Crown Molding: Materials from Lowes $211.75
4. Building a Crown Molding Model
5. Preparing the Cornice Molding
6. My Crown Molding Layout Techniques
7. How to Install the Crown Molding Lower Detail
8. How to Install the Crown Molding Cornice
9. How to Install the Last Piece of Crown Molding