In the picture below I’ve installed, primed and caulked, a whole bunch of moldings in this tall room. If I still had the before picture of this room, you’d see just a big box with tiny trim and a whole lot of potential.
The first time I walked into this room I knew exactly what moldings I wanted to install.
There is nothing complicated about the moldings installed in this room. If you can cut a 45 degree miter and shoot a nail gun and squirt some glue, then you can create rooms like this too!
About the Room
- Walls: 12′ Walls before the vault
- Molding Count: Only 20 pieces of original trim in the whole room
- Vaulted Ceiling Height: 16′ all the way to the room apex
- Bay windows
- Wood floors
- Trim Paint: Benjamin Moore Satin Impervo, satin finish, White Dove OC-17
- Wall Paint: Benjamin Moore Aura, flat finish
Numbered Molding Patterns
- CROWN MOLDING-113.1
- CROWN MOLDING ARCHITRAVE-100
- WALL MOLDING-101
- DOOR TRIM-134 (around bay window box)
- DOOR TRIM-111 (swans neck entablature)
- CHAIR RAIL-102
- WINDOW TRIM-106
This is one of those pages I will be adding more information and pictures to. Stay up to date by subscribing to our RSS feed or via email.